Monday, June 8, 2015

"The One" by Kiera Cass

Image result for the one by kiera cass4 of 5 stars.

The Basics: The story of America, Prince Maxon, and Aspen continues. This is the last book in the series written from America's perspective. By the end of the book there are a few deaths that were a bit unexpected, but we know how the book will end (just look at the cover).  

My Thoughts: (There are some spoilers here.) So, I loved that Aspen was able to move on. It was nice that he and America decided that being a couple was not in the cards for them, and I like it that way. I have always been Team Maxon. I hate that you can tell how the book is going to end based off of the cover. America obviously marries Maxon, though there are some obstacles they face before getting to that point.
On another note, the King aggravated me. I know he doesn't like America but he seems like more of a dictator than a royal king. I suppose this is why he had to die at the end of the book. His abuse toward Maxon and his sternness could only be overcome by his death. Maxon would not have made the transition into a king if his father did not pass away, it was a shame that Queen Amberly had to die as well.
I did feel as though some of the deaths at the end of the book were a bit unnecessary. Why did Celeste have to die? Why did Anne have to die? I suppose the relationship between Lucy and Aspen did not need an interference since Anne liked him, but still...it was unnecessary.
Either way, I look forward to reading The Heir.

Remember, teachers read fun stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment