Thursday, June 25, 2015

"For I Have Sinned" by Darynda Jones

Image result for for i have sinned by darynda jones4 of 5 stars.

The Basics: This novella follows book one in the Charley Davidson series. This is told from Jo Montgomery's perspective. She is dead and becomes one of Charley's clients. Jo seeks to figure out when and how she dies, not to mention she is pregnant. Of course Reyes shows up and we can't figure out why he keeps appearing until the the end of this very short novella.

My Thoughts: I enjoyed this novella. I read it in one sitting after finishing First Grave on the Right. It was nice to get the dead's perspective on Charley's bright appearance as well as their thoughts on her as a grim reaper.
This is one criticism. I felt like the characterization of Reyes in this novella was kind of off. He spoke a lot and seemed a bit playful, though still mysterious. I thought that was kind of weird because he barely said anything in book one and his playful nature was not very apparent in the first book. Maybe this is a set up for how his character will change as the series goes on? We'll see.

~Remember, teachers read fun stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment