Sunday, May 31, 2015

"The Elite" by Kiera Cass

Image result for the elite4 of 5 stars.

The Basics: The story of America, Maxon, and Aspen continues in this second installment of The Selection series. There are 6 girls left and though Prince Maxon would drop everything for America, her feelings are wavering between the familiarity of Aspen, questioning her ability to be a princess and deciding if she can trust Maxon. On top of that, the rebels are still attacking the palace. Luckily, in a resurrection of the Halloween holiday, America gets to see her family. The events after Halloween leave one of the Elite chastised by the palace and changes America's feelings towards the prince.

My Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It definitely wasn't as good as book 1, but I am so hooked into this series. Now, America was getting on my nerves in this book. I initially enjoyed this series because America wasn't the typical, annoying, cry-baby protagonist....but she proved me wrong in The Elite. She was a chronic cry-baby. Luckily, her constant crying started later on in the book, so I wasn't too put off not to complete the novel.
I wish she would decide who she wants to be with. She keeps flip flopping. At one point I think she is dedicated to Maxon and has resolved to keep Aspen as a distant memory, but then she changes her mind. By the end of the book she seems to be all for Maxon, but I'm guessing that will change in book 3, The One. We shall see.
By the way, I am Team Maxon.

Remember, teachers read fun stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment