Sunday, March 13, 2016

"The Infinite Sea" by Rick Yancey

OMG! It is March and I have been slipping, majorly! I haven't read nearly as much as I want to. It took me several weeks to read a book that I would normally finish in 1-2 weeks. I'm about to go on Spring Break, so I'm hoping to get back on track.

Image result for the infinite sea5 of 5 stars!

The Basics: This is the second installment in the 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey. The story continue with Ringer being separated from the rest of the crew to possibly find another location for them (as they are in a rat-infested hotel). They realize the Others will probably come looking for them and Ringer is determined to start moving, though Cassie is hopelessly waiting for Evan Walker. As the story unfolds, Teacup ends up secretly following Ringer, Evan Walker does return (with some unwanted company following him), and Vosch makes life even harder.


My Thoughts: Again, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, just as much (maybe even more) than the first novel. Yancey knows how to tell a story (and include some great twists and turns). Spoilers ahead: The ending had me in a tailspin. I cannot believe Alex (Razor) shot teacup just to allow Marika (Ringer) to be free and then he was killed in the midst of that. That was definitely unexpected, but I was happy it happened because Ringer would continue to be under Vosch's control because she loves Teacup so much. As she said, "Love is one thing in the universe that's unpredictable."  Nothing is more evident of that than what Ringer has continued to sacrifice for Teacup and Alex's ultimate sacrifice for Ringer.
I did like that Evan found Cassie by the end of the book. I enjoy their love story. The alien thing is getting me confused though. So, Evan (and Ringer now) are humans, just virtually indestructible humans? He doesn't have an "alien" in him, he has the 12th System installed which amplifies his abilities and senses? I need more clarification on this. I cannot wait for book 3!!

~Remember, teachers read fun stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment