Sunday, March 20, 2016

"Locket Full of Secrets" by Dana Burkey

Image result for locket full of secrets3 of 5 stars.

I have finally finished reading this book!!!! I was supposed to finish reading this book in December to complete my GoodReads 2015 Challenge, but I am just now finishing the book. Lol! Life always finds a way to distract me from my reading.

The Basics: After Claire's best friend, Olena, has to suddenly leave, she returns several years later and leaves a dead body in the wake. Olena is now on the run and Claire has no idea what danger Olena could be in or what has become of her close friend. Claire has now went off to college and has a budding romance with Steven, when Olena pops back up. But, Olena is in search of the locket she gave Claire many years ago. Olena then takes Claire and Steven on a journey to Kiev and eventually Pripyat, the scene of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster, to unveil a story that will uncover deception related to this disaster. In addition, there are many willing to kill Olena for the information she has and being with Olena makes Claire and Steven a perfect target.

My Thoughts: Though it took me forever to finish the book, I did enjoy it. The Chernobyl connection (though fictional) was a nice touch. I've never read or seen much about the Chernobyl disaster so it was nice to get a little background (and then I went and looked up some stuff on the internet, it is quite interesting). The relationship between Claire and Steven was sweet, but it was obvious that Olena an Steven knew each other in some way.
I did think some of the story line was a bit unbelievable, like Olena obtaining the passports in a short period of time and securing a significant amount of money for them to travel with. Either way, this was not the best story I've read but the Chernobyl connection made it much more interesting to read.

~Remember, teacher read fun stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment