Wednesday, December 23, 2015

"Daughter of Deep Silence" by Carrie Ryan

Image result for daughter of deep silence4 of 5 stars.

The Basics: Frances is one of the three survivors of the Persephone disaster where masked men killed everyone on the boat, except Senator Wells ad his son Grey. Frances and Libby make it onto a life raft but Libby dies before they are rescued. After Libby's father makes Frances a proposition she can't refuse, she decides to take on the life of Libby. Four years later, she plans an elaborate revenge plot since Senator Wells has continued to lie about the destruction of the Persephone.

My Thoughts: I liked this novel. It was an Ok read. I do like the internal conflict that Frances/Libby struggled with throughout the book because she was in a unique situation where she didn't know who she really was. I did think it was weird that her and Grey fell in love so deeply within a few days on a cruise ship at the ripe age of 14, like really? That was kind of weird.
I did enjoy the end of the book (which is why I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 3). But I did not like that truth about the Persephone would still not be brought to the light. I thought that was the point of Frances/Libby's whole plan. Either way, the book was Ok.

~Remember, teachers read fun stuff too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment