Sunday, November 1, 2015

"Matilda" by Roald Dahl

Image result for matilda book5 of 5 stars

The Basics: This classic, childhood novel follows young Matilda, who is a child genius. Her father is a deceiving car dealer and her mother is obsessed with her blonde hair and Bingo nights. While her family is concerned with everything but education, Matilda visits the library at only four years old and ends up reading many classical novels seemingly beyond her comprehension, but unbeknownst to her family and those around her, she understands every word.
After entering her first year of school, Matlida's teacher, Miss Honey, realizes that Matlida is wise beyond her years and tries to move her to a higher grade level. But, Headmistress Trunchbull will not hear of it. Miss Honey and Matlida go on to learn a great deal about each other, including Matlida's seemingly temporary telekinetic powers. 

My Thoughts: I read this novel with my eight year old daughter and I can't believe I haven't read it earlier. I think every child should read a Roald Dahl book. His writing is absolutely appealing to the young mind. My daughter loved the book and that was enough for me!

Remember, teachers read fun stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment